The Lighthouse for the Blind of Greece, as stated in its constitutive act, aims at:
- The social integration of the visually impaired (blind, partially sighted, newly-blinded people)
- The development of their other skills, abilities and dexterities to the highest possible degree, in order to succeed in their professional and social rehabilitation.
- The provision of social services to the visually impaired, regardless of their age, especially to the newly-blinded and their families.
- Exploring opportunities and means of broadening the intellectual and educational level of the visually impaired.
- Public information of the capabilities, as well as the difficulties that visually impaired people face in their everyday life.
- Study and research of the problems of blindness.
- Informing the State about international legislative framework concerning blind people and pressing towards its application in Greece.
- The promotion and marketing of products of the blind on their behalf.
To achieve our goals, we develop new activities and services, continuously upgrade our technological equipment and watch international technological developments regarding blindness.